Remote Work, Day 9

I did the math. Since my Day 1 post, there have been an additional 8 working days. Today was... interesting.

Yesterday was great. I got up, had myself some buttered toast with my coffee, and I began to work. I got a lot of things done -- one of which was updating my planner to ensure that I had all of my meetings in order. There was something about today that I just was not feeling. That's even after I essentially replicated my morning: got up, this time had a churro with my coffee, and once again I sat at my husband's desk to do work.

The only thing that I can think of that was different was that I got out of the house around lunch time, took an intentional break for lunch, and then continued working. Instead, today I cooked my lunch (could be considered a break, right?), then sat back down at the desk to do more work. I got plenty done. I'm currently still in the learning stages of my position, and so I spent the majority of my time typing up notes from previous podcasts and chapters I had read. Either way, today I feel more drained with little energy to do anything but work. Actually, I think today is the first day I feel like I could just power through my entire day doing work. Not good. I need to keep this work/life balance that I've kept up in the last couple of weeks.

It seems as though I may need to push myself to go out of the house at lunchtime -- whether it's just to get some fresh air, grab a quick lunch, or even move to a coffee shop. The good news is that I finally have my baby back. She was in the shop, and I got the call to pick her up this evening. I'm excited to have that mobility again. 

Thursday I will be visiting a co-working space. That will also be a great way to figure out this remote working thing. 

Other than that, Caffe Driade in Chapel Hill is my favorite place. I love the outdoor seating it offers. I'll definitely be sitting outside in the fall. It's currently still too hot and humid to enjoy the beautiful scenery it offers -- but the coffee is great; the tea is delicious; and, the pastries are on point. Plus, look at this great indoor ambiance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some pictures

My latest happenings

Always too much to say